... providing long lasting & new age “GREEN” solution to ageing Infrastructure.
Because of properties like light weight, strength and stiffness, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance composites are increasingly used in transportation industry.
- Composites are much lighter than metals and this way lead to cost savings through lower fuel consumption lower installation costs, and easier handling.
- Strength is directly comparable or better than steel and aluminum providing lighter, safer and cheaper alternatives. Stiffness properties outperform plastic and other non metallic materials typically used. If required, metals moduli can be matched through right selection of reinforcements.
- Composites are excellent insulators and contribute to the thermal efficiency of the application: no cold bridges, no cold feeling, no ice formation. They exhibit excellent shape stability and very low thermal expansion and don’t get brittle in the cold.
- Composites resist a wide range of chemical agents and are unaffected by acid rains and salt sprayed roads, environments where metals suffer.
- Composites are elastic materials: they can be deformed and spring back to shape without permanent damage. Shape memory and impact tolerance are important benefits to serve in the transport industry.